Sunday, November 1, 2009

Blotter 25: The Dog Whisperer, Dogs Gone Wild

First, a note from STPB: You may (or may not) notice that posting has been and will continue to be slower than normal for a while. I've recently moved way out in the middle of nowhere (about 3 miles down the dirt road featured in the blog's title photo above, in fact.) I am in the process of trying to rectify my Internet connectivity issues. I'll try to make updates to the blog when I can- but for now, please bear with me. Know that I deeply appreciate all of my 9 readers, including my dear mother...we'll be back to normal soon, I hope. Now, without further ado:

From the Flathead Beacon, Montana, Oct 30, 2009:

1:23 p.m. Someone on Larch Lane reports that a neighbor was beating their dog with a board. Authorities arrived to find that the dog had been attacking sheep, and advised the owner as to better disciplinary technique.

Gee....ya think? Confining the dog so that he couldn't get to the sheep must have been too hard. I'd hate to see this person's parenting technique. Kid getting into fights at school? Beat him with a board until he figures out that violence is not the answer.

These entries are from the same paper, but from October 28, 2009:

11:10 a.m. A pit bull and a golden retriever mix ran wild on Highway 2 West.

I like to think there was a camera crew and alcohol involved....and at some point, you just KNOW one of these dogs got drunk, rolled over & bared eight perky boobies for the camera.

1 comment:

  1. LOL love the comentary on the 2nd one.

    I can relate with internet connectivity issues. I had Comcast for almsot 2 years, found out I was sharing a signal with my entire block, so my high-speed cable connection turned into dial up speed if my neighbor was online at the same time. I changed to AT&T UVerse...much better, even though it's slower speed I don't notice a difference, and I don't have to share the signal (neener neener neighbors). The only problem I've had is that the guy who installed the gateway modem didn't give me a stand for it, so it keeps falling over. Eventually all the little bumps knocked something loose and they had to come this morning to replace it.

    In the meantime, while you're working out connectivity issues, I'll have to find time to troll the police reports of my local paper and send some stories.

    ReplyDelete